by Sydney Stone

Close up of mobile phone making photos of sweater and cup of tea.

Information technology was bang-up while it lasted. But information technology's over.

After years of success ownership and selling on the Poshmark app, I was done. I was a meridian seller, with over 333,000 followers. I had regular echo customers that were astonishing, which is the only real drawback to quitting Poshmark…I loved these folks!

But then I had a bad customer service experience with Poshmark that caused me to wonder if all the time I was spending on the app was worth it. And it turned out that for me, information technology wasn't. So I took all of my inventory and created my own online store called Store Stylaphile. ( Click beneath if you lot want to larn how I did it and open a store of your own!)

HowToStartYourOwnOnlineStore

Now I take a lot more control over what I'm selling and I don't have to pay Poshmark fees or a twenty% commission to anyone. Plus, most of my regular customers followed me over and continued buying from me. And more importantly, I don't have to deal with the following Poshmark problems that caused me to quit altogether.

Spacer

Reason #1. Poshmark customer service sucks.

Spacer

Hither's the bad experience I had that was the impetus for my Poshmark departure. A Posher purchased a very unique elevation from my closet. Information technology was in perfect condition. When she received it, she filed a case with Poshmark assist stating that the zipper didn't work. She even supposedly sent them video proof.

I always took great care to make sure every slice I sold on Poshmark was in fantabulous condition. If there were any flaws whatever, I would disembalm them in my description. I certainly would never list an item with a faulty zipper. This person just received the top and either didn't similar it or found out it didn't fit her and wanted her money back.

I responded to Poshmark and informed them that the zipper worked perfectly when it was shipped, just they sided with the buyer and returned the item to me. The beginning affair I did when I received the peak back was check the zipper. And approximate what? It worked just fine. I contacted Poshmark Back up to permit them know, but they never responded. And then I never used the app again. Of all the online apps I've ever used, Poshmark client service is by far the worst. Given the loftier Poshmark fees that sellers have to pay, this is simply unacceptable. I'1000 certainly not alone in my stance. Only google Poshmark reviews and see for yourself.

Spacer

Reason #2. Lowballers on Poshmark are the worst.

Spacer

Ugh. Lowballers are the worst. They're the reason I stopped accepting offers on Poshmark birthday. Apparently these people are but willing to pay $5 for ANYTHING in your closet, whether it'due south an authentic hard-to-observe Passenger vehicle bag or a vintage Versace apparel. I got to the point where if someone offered me less than half the request price, I would merely block them. But when I found myself blocking people all 24-hour interval long, I but stopped accepting offers catamenia. I would write in my description "Final Toll" and "Toll is House," but Poshers would all the same offering me $five.

If you tin can't exist bothered to actually read the item description and respect the seller'south policies, then yous really shouldn't be on Poshmark.

Spacer

Reason #iii. There are as well many unethical buyers, trolls and Poshmark scams.

SpacerWhile the bulk of people who purchased items from my closet were class-act Poshers, I did have my collective share of bad apples that found their way to my Poshmark account. These are the people yous rush to the mail office for so you tin can get their item delivered ASAP, merely and then once they get it, they don't even bother to mark it as received. Then you have to wait 3 days for your funds to be released. Or the folks that give yous a 1-star review with no specific reason. And how nearly the ones that requite you a low rating considering they didn't similar the fit? Like somehow, that's your problem and not the manufacturer'due south?

And and then in that location are the trolls. I found ii types of trolls exist on Poshmark. There are the trolls that comment and enquire a gazillion questions nearly an item (nigh of which have already been answered in the clarification…the ane they couldn't be bothered to read). These people never buy anything and it seems their sole purpose for beingness on Poshmark is to waste material your fourth dimension.

And so there are the debauchee trolls. These are men who have found Poshmark and created accounts just so they tin can ask y'all to "model" that pair of high heels or that tight dress. Once more, there should be more seller protection offered by Poshmark when it comes to trolls like these and Poshmark scams in general.

Spacer

Reason #4: Poshmark is a massive time-suck!

Spacer

The parties. The sharing. The answering questions. While I did bask the social aspect of meeting some really not bad people on Poshmark, the amount of time I was spending on the app was ridiculous. Four times a day for the parties. Sharing starting time thing in the morning. At midnight my married man would say "Are you still poshing?"  I suddenly realized that all the time I was spending existence "social" on Poshmark was keeping me from doing other really productive things in my life, like exercising, writing, and spending quality time with friends and family.

I certainly don't miss the time suck, and I'grand now making a lot more money on my own site than I ever made on the Poshmark app. Of course, there are several other top Poshmark sellers who are burdensome it. I get that. I applaud that. I'm thrilled that for some people, it works. It just no longer worked for me.

horizontal-spacer